Go Back   HWBOT forum > >

HWBOT Frontpage News Official HWBOT articles and frontpage news

User Tag List

Alza OC Cup 2017: Contest Update - Rauf (Sweden) Leads, Wins Mid-Contest Prizes

Today marks the halfway point of the Alza OC Cup 2017 contest here on OC-ESPORTS which gives us a fantastic reason to take a look at the current standings and the stand out scores that have been submitted so far. Swedish legend Rauf, as a Mid-Contest Leader will be very happy to learn that he currently tops the contest leaderboard, and that he has also won some great prizes from partners Intel and G.SKILL. More on that later. Right now, let?s take a more detailed look at all the action so far.

The Alza OC Cup - Sponsored by Alza, the Extreme Overclockers Retailer

First a little information about the company behind the contest. The Alza OC Cup 2017 is sponsored by Alzo, one Europe?s biggest electronic goods e-retailers. The contest underlines the company?s commitment to engaging with European overclockers, a customer segment they really do care about.

Alza is currently the only e-retailer that stocks Kingpincooling products for example, and is quickly growing its Extreme OC product lines to include pretty much everything an Extreme Overclocker might need; LN2 pots, thermocouples, thermal pastes, measurement devices, contact cleaners, torches, MAP cartridges plus kitchen towels and insulation materials. They can even help sort out LN2 delivery in certain areas. The company is quickly expanding to become a one-stop-shop for things XOC. They are also one of the only retailers that currently accept payments in Bitcoin.

Visit the Alza Shop here.

Alza OC Cup 2017: August 4th - September 4th 2017

The Alza OC Cup contest spans the month of August with four individual stages that will test your skills at pushing raw PC performance to the edge. Being a European company, the Alza Cup 2017 contest is open to European HWBOT members only. Here is a breakdown of the individual stages involved :

Alza OC Cup 2017 - Stages and Benchmarks

• Stage 1: Intel XTU
  • Stage 2: GPUPI for CPU - 100M
  • Stage 3: SuperPI 32M
  • Stage 4: Geekbench3 Single Core

Read the full Alza OC Cup update article here on OC-ESPORTS.

Aug 21, 2017 - article - oc-esports.io
Old 4 Weeks Ago
robot overlord

sdougal
Default Alza OC Cup 2017: Contest Update - Rauf (Sweden) Leads, Wins Mid-Contest Prizes

A nice win for Rauf (Sweden) at the halfway point. Congrats!
Old 4 Weeks Ago
robo cop

GeorgeStorm
Default Re: Alza OC Cup 2017: Contest Update - Rauf (Sweden) Leads, Wins Mid-Contest Prizes

Congratulations Rauf
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Banned by Mafio

Leeghoofd is a jewel in the roughLeeghoofd is a jewel in the roughLeeghoofd is a jewel in the roughLeeghoofd is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Alza OC Cup 2017: Contest Update - Rauf (Sweden) Leads, Wins Mid-Contest Prizes

Seems a solid game over to me, unless Dancop and other 6.7+ CPU people hop in
Old 4 Weeks Ago
robo cop

GeorgeStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeghoofd View Post
Seems a solid game over to me, unless Dancop and other 6.7+ CPU people hop in
Yup, I'd just like to know who else is going to join so I can try to work out where I could end up :P
Old 4 Weeks Ago
transformer

Rauf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeStorm View Post
Yup, I'd just like to know who else is going to join so I can try to work out where I could end up :P
That's the boring part of the competitions, you don't even know who is competing. I liked the wild card comp last year, where you had to announce that you would participate before competition.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
robo cop

GeorgeStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauf View Post
That's the boring part of the competitions, you don't even know who is competing. I liked the wild card comp last year, where you had to announce that you would participate before competition.
Yeah some kind of sign up process would be appreciated.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
robo cop

Elkim

It's our first competition and for sure not last one. We'll see hpw it goes and maybe we will design better next time. Alot of guys were rambling because of no limits, but I was thinking, it was enough of it. This is what OC should be about Gz, Rauf
Old 4 Weeks Ago
HWBOT Forum Administrators

Thanked 1,130 Times in 660 Posts
websmile will become famous soon enoughwebsmile will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to websmile

The contest works well, but a lot of guys paniced and sold their best 7700ks a while ago - much too cheap, much too early, and now they cry about not being able to compete against top batches xd - the price of jumping on 7740k train
Old 4 Weeks Ago
transformer

Rauf

Contest is fine, and I love the effort of organizing one with good prizes. Low clock or no limit doesn't really matter too much in my opinion. If it's low clock it just favours the mem binning instead. And I think most with really good mem don't really bin mem themselves anyway. In the end the same people wins, but no limits is more fun!