Go Back   HWBOT forum > HWBOT Information > HWBOT Development: bugs, features and suggestions

HWBOT Development: bugs, features and suggestions Suggest new or discuss existing features.

View Poll Results: What do you think?
Poll will be reset 6 22.22%
Poll will be reset 7 25.93%
Poll will be reset 11 40.74%
Poll will be reset 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2017
kitchen robot

SerpentXSF
Lightbulb Re: Opinion needed: Ideas for next HWBOT revision

Add Rosewill as a power supply option, for HWBOT submissions.

Quite a few budget builders use, them but there is no option for them at this time.

Any reason why they have yet to be added, are they just manufactured by someone else and slap a Rosewill sticker on them?
Old 08-01-2017
Banned by Mafio

Leeghoofd is a jewel in the roughLeeghoofd is a jewel in the roughLeeghoofd is a jewel in the roughLeeghoofd is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Opinion needed: Ideas for next HWBOT revision

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentXSF View Post
Add Rosewill as a power supply option, for HWBOT submissions.

Quite a few budget builders use, them but there is no option for them at this time.

Any reason why they have yet to be added, are they just manufactured by someone else and slap a Rosewill sticker on them?
They can be added, though if they don't sponsor their name will not pop up in the submissions.
Old 08-02-2017
grunt bot

mickulty

Competing based on skill level is pointless, because then rather than being #1 out of people registered for less than x months which is at least an achievement of sorts, you get to be #1 out of a group that just so happens to be your level and below.

Honestly the current system works quite well. The only issues I see are that in competitions with cooling or frequency restrictions and expensive prizes for the high places you get people trying to cheat (not surprising really - only benchmarks with built-in temperature detection and clock monitoring are likely to help with that, or just benchmarks that report intermediate progress so you can see when someone's middle GPUPI loops are magically faster...) and that you end up with globals and modern 3D skewed heavily in favour of money over skill. Of course, I suspect any attempt to remedy the latter would be met with a lot of resistance from the people who can afford 7900Xs and titans...
Old 08-11-2017
construction bot

QuantumX

Reading a few pages back I can't really determine if the ideas asked for are only for changing the ranking system because that seems to be the only thing discussed, but if not I have a suggestion.

Seeing that hwbot is one huge database I think more graphs can be made. For example an interactive graph on each hardware ranking page.

For example if you go in to the CB11.5 ranking list for i7-6700K to have a graph that plots all results vs. their respective frequency that was used. And then also in this graph can be a trendline to be used for checking the scaling as the frequency goes up and thus reference your own score and check if your efficiency is good or bad. On the results if you click on a result (not to open the result, just to highlight it) the result will be highlighted on the chart with the trendline still visible and thus you can see if that particular result has good or bad efficiency depending if it's above or below the trendline.

Also by clicking on a highlighted result in the graph to open the corresponding result. So I check the graph and see one particular result has very good efficiency I can then click on that point on the graph, go into the result, and check the screenshot for what memory settings, OS etc. was used to achieve such good efficiency.

Here is an example I created in Excel:

I think it would be much more user-friendly to be able to reference results from a graph instead of scrolling through 10 - 20 pages of results in a list format. You can then also use this to add an efficiency rating of sorts to results. This rating can be useful for telling newcomers that their efficiency needs improvement or even to highlight a suspiciously over-efficient result to moderators.

In the example graph I posted above you can see in the 4500 - 4800MHz range there are many results that are way below the trendline and I would imagine those are mostly the scores of newcomers who needs to work on their efficiency