Go Back   HWBOT forum > Overclocking & benchmarking > Intel CPU Overclocking > Sandy Bridge (P67/Z68) OC

Sandy Bridge (P67/Z68) OC Clock'n'volt that Sandy

Old 01-17-2012
Banned

SoF is infamous around these partsSoF is infamous around these parts

screenie fail - dude please resize them

also check stepping list - not too shabby but not a real uncommon chip for 2700K.
Old 01-22-2012
maintenance bot

debs3759

The best I can get out of my 2700K is 5.5 GHz. It won't boot with a 56 x multiplier, and even a 100.1 bclk at 55x doesn't boot. No combination of bclk and multiplier will get me even 5 MHz over 5.5 GHz (at stock I can get a stable bclk of 106 with a little tweaking of skew . I don't mind though, I have a daily overclock of 5 GHz, and combined with a golden GTX 570 I got some pretty good benches
Old 01-23-2012
kitchen robot

dVeLoPe

Quote:
Originally Posted by debs3759 View Post
The best I can get out of my 2700K is 5.5 GHz. It won't boot with a 56 x multiplier, and even a 100.1 bclk at 55x doesn't boot. No combination of bclk and multiplier will get me even 5 MHz over 5.5 GHz (at stock I can get a stable bclk of 106 with a little tweaking of skew . I don't mind though, I have a daily overclock of 5 GHz, and combined with a golden GTX 570 I got some pretty good benches
I am able to boot 57x see the blinkin line and windows options if i press F8 but it's the temps im sure running a 1m PI @ 55x and it hit 81c but I dont even need such a high multi chip mainly need one that can do 50x@1.39v OR UNDER lols looks like im going to be going water pretty soon after I get my income tax check Switch 810 such a sweet case!! I am currently seeking a 2500k that can meet that hopefully I dont get another fail chip lols..
Old 01-23-2012
1guy4000cups

knopflerbruce is on a distinguished road

Blinking cursor usually means you've reached the max mp of that chip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno.lcn
I was just searching for some good dick cloning software, guess I was doing it wrong, got all kinds of results I wasn't expecting
Old 01-23-2012
kitchen robot

dVeLoPe

at 57x I have seen a few diff things which all result in me having to reset the CMOS :

Blinking line flashes a few times then freeze
Blinking line says Windows animation starts to animate freeze

Press F8 before that puts me to safe mode screen and their were a few others remind you this is with an asus p8p67 pro default settings except for a few things basiclly ultri high llc and manual voltage with xmp ram settings all i changed and disabling ht/cores
Old 01-25-2012
kitchen robot

dVeLoPe

Some money is coming my way and I will be setting up a custom water loop when the Switch 810 case is released would like to get into the know as to what I should/could bench that would be benifitical to the HWBOT/forums with around 5.2 - 5.4 ghz (5.5+ requires LN2)

I would like to do both 2d/3d but only have 3dMark11/Vantage installed at the moment.
Old 01-26-2012
Banned by Sin0822

thebanik

Quote:
Originally Posted by dVeLoPe View Post
Some money is coming my way and I will be setting up a custom water loop when the Switch 810 case is released would like to get into the know as to what I should/could bench that would be benifitical to the HWBOT/forums with around 5.2 - 5.4 ghz (5.5+ requires LN2)

I would like to do both 2d/3d but only have 3dMark11/Vantage installed at the moment.
Are you sure you are in the right forum, .

You do not bench on hwbot for the benefit of hwbot or its members. You should be on hwbot if you are competitive and do feel some/lots of passion to bench not only what you have but what you can beg, borrow and steal........
Old 01-26-2012
kitchen robot

dVeLoPe

well you get the point... If I was part of a ''team'' I wouldnt mind benching this and that but confused on where to start I know im not benching my hardware for you guys on hwbot to benefiit from it but im sure everyone wants more points dont ya??
Old 02-06-2012
kitchen robot

dVeLoPe

so due to some bills I am not going to be able to watercool this chip if anyone is interested I am looking for 420 shipped for this 56X+ chip before it goes on eGay