Go Back   HWBOT forum > >

HWBOT Development: bugs, features and suggestions Suggest new or discuss existing features.

User Tag List

Unread 08-16-2016
george.kokovinis

Default Re: Adjustment for Global Points - Work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Island View Post
ya it is true, I bought a decent chip and thought I would get top scores right away but they were all pretty bad, so I had to spend some time working on tweaking and getting some help to start to get decent scores. When you start to get decent scores and see the scores above you, it really makes you realize what is involved with them and how efficient they really are. You dont realize it as much until you get closer to the top scores. There is so much to learn.

"Because your like wait, I am at a better speed but my score is way lower"

So it definitely is a combination of a lot of things.

I personally think hardware points are awesome. It gives people who dont have a lot of money a chance to compete in the rankings.

There are a lot of points you can get with $10-$20 cards and a retail 6600k/6700k. I know that is still not cheap to some people.

Also 3d hardware is not like so easy compared to 2d hardware, there is a lot of modding and tweaking involved with 3d hardware points. A lot of work soldering and testing also.
A very rational and down to Earth approach my friend.

George
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Strong Island (08-18-2016)
Unread 08-16-2016
transformer

Strong Island

edit - was frustrated at the time, figured it out, sorry, OT

Last edited by Strong Island; 08-18-2016 at 01:27.
Unread 08-18-2016
grunt bot

Alan_Alberino
Send a message via Skype™ to Alan_Alberino

I think I said it in a earlier post but I want to make a separate comment about this... I think 15 GP, 40 HP and 25CP aren't well distributed, 15 GP maybe is too low in comparision with the amount of the other points, I think they should be 20 GP slots at least, maybe 25 GP Slots since lot of people have dual-core and quad-core CPU now, and maybe even a X99 CPU and/or a high end GPU, and could probably fill 20/25 slots.

Also, who in the earth enters 25 competitions in a year? I think less than 50 people of the thousands of users that HWBOT has, 25 CP slots is totally unnecesary from my point of view...

About 40 hardware points, you need some years at HWBOT to achieve 40 good scores that give decent points, I think 30 would be fine so new users can be a little bit more competitive...

Resuming, I would make 20/25 Global Point Slots, 30 Hardware Point Slots, and 10/15 Competition Point slots
Unread 09-16-2016
construction bot

Casanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Alberino View Post
I think I said it in a earlier post but I want to make a separate comment about this... I think 15 GP, 40 HP and 25CP aren't well distributed, 15 GP maybe is too low in comparision with the amount of the other points, I think they should be 20 GP slots at least, maybe 25 GP Slots since lot of people have dual-core and quad-core CPU now, and maybe even a X99 CPU and/or a high end GPU, and could probably fill 20/25 slots.

Also, who in the earth enters 25 competitions in a year? I think less than 50 people of the thousands of users that HWBOT has, 25 CP slots is totally unnecesary from my point of view...

About 40 hardware points, you need some years at HWBOT to achieve 40 good scores that give decent points, I think 30 would be fine so new users can be a little bit more competitive...

Resuming, I would make 20/25 Global Point Slots, 30 Hardware Point Slots, and 10/15 Competition Point slots
I agree.
More HP is good for overclockers that bench many different hardware, and more slots for GP is needed because there are increasingly benchmarks listed. And considering that OCe have a year reset, 10 is enough.

My suggestion:

20 Global points slots
35 Hardware points slots
10 OCe points
Unread 12-01-2016
grunt bot

Alan_Alberino

What happened to this? UAT is practically same that normal page now, all the changes dissapeared... Is new revision cancelled or what?
Unread 12-02-2016
robo cop

Digg_de

No time i guess.. other Things don't work flawless, too.
Unread 01-19-2017
transformer

Rauf

@Massman @Ney
Any update on this or the benchmarks revision (which ones get globals)? Points are dropping day by day for the legacies, especially 3D. But the most demotivating thing right now is the points distribution. It is a very "elite way" of distribution points today where the only the top three gets good points and everyone else get more or less the same points... I think this is very outdated and only promotes pay to win (get a few titan xp for easy points).
Unread 01-22-2017
robot overlord

zeropluszero is on a distinguished road

also keen for update

Quote:
Originally Posted by RULE View Post
Because I'm a well know cheater...
Unread 4 Weeks Ago
In the distance

Massman has a spectacular aura aboutMassman has a spectacular aura aboutMassman has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Massman

All I can say is that there are delays.

I'd like to see the new revision up and running as soon as possible just as much as anyone else

For all HWBOT community related questions, contact Christian Ney or Websmile. For any other questions, contact me at pieter@hwbot.org.
The Following User Says Thank You to Massman For This Useful Post:
delly (3 Weeks Ago)
Unread 4 Weeks Ago
grunt bot

Alan_Alberino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massman View Post
All I can say is that there are delays.

I'd like to see the new revision up and running as soon as possible just as much as anyone else
Nice to see an official comment after so much time, any new ideas for the new revision or the same? Any planned launch time?