Go Back   HWBOT forum > News > HWBOT Frontpage News

HWBOT Frontpage News Official HWBOT articles and frontpage news

Upcoming Rule Changes on November 1, 2017

Via this news article the staff is announcing a couple of rule updates which go in effect on November 1, 2017. The rule updates relate to benchmark version restrictions as well as general improvements to include more details in the overclocking results.

• Rule Update #1 - All Global Top-20 benchmark results must now include a valid verification screenshot and a system picture showing the benchmarked system in action.
  • Rule Update #2 - All verification screenshots must show the settings at which the benchmark was completed. This means it is not allowed to decrease the operating frequency for screenshot purposes. In effect, the staff reserves the right to reject a submission that is deemed out of line for the stated system parameters. For XTU specifically, the data file must contain monitoring information (frequency and temperature).
  • Rule Update #3 - All users are obliged to declare the original source of the hardware used for a submission in case they do not own the hardware. In effect, this is mandatory for all Engineering Sample hardware as they are legally not for sale.
  • Rule Update #4 - Joined accounts, that is an account used by multiple people, are still allowed. However, it is mandatory to disclose who achieved a specific result in the description field. Failure to disclose will lead to removal of the submission.
  • Rule Update #5 - XTU v6.4.1.12 is mandatory from Nov 1, 2017.
  • Rule Update #6 - HWBOT X265 Benchmark v2.1.0 is mandatory from Nov 1, 2017.
  • Rule Update #7 - It is not allowed to publicly, falsely accuse a user of foul play. In case of false accusations the accuser may see their account temporarily or permanently suspended. Foul play is interpreted in the broadest sense of the word.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to any of the staff members.

Oct 17, 2017 - article - hwbot.org
Old 10-16-2017
maintenance bot

Niuulh

Nice change !
Old 10-16-2017
grunt bot

bolc

"XTU v6.4.1.12 is mandatory from Nov 1, 2017"

Does not this mean that benching anything older than Haswell (Haswell included) becomes impossible ...?
Old 10-16-2017
HWBOT Forum Administrators

Thanked 1,347 Times in 744 Posts
websmile will become famous soon enoughwebsmile will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to websmile
Default Re: Upcoming Rule Changes on November 1, 2017

You might have to re install OS. I asked Luumi to check new version and he did the 853 at sandy bridge 3470 today with new version he said - so there is hope

Last edited by websmile; 10-16-2017 at 13:40.
The Following User Says Thank You to websmile For This Useful Post:
mickulty (10-16-2017)
Old 10-16-2017
robo cop

superpatodonaldo

Good; just two questions:

Rule Update #1 - All Global Top-20 benchmark results must now include a valid verification screenshot and a system picture showing the benchmarked system in action.

system picture = a photo included mobo-vgas-cpu cooler etc? no more accepted photo with just a vga laying on a table, or so?
do this will be applied for future competitions (when a system picture is required)?
if possible please add some example, a valid photo and a non-valid photo, thank you

Rule Update #2 - All verification screenshots must show the settings at which the benchmark was completed. This means it is not allowed to decrease the operating frequency for screenshot purposes. In effect, the staff reserves the right to reject a submission that is deemed out of line for the stated system parameters. For XTU specifically, the data file must contain monitoring information (frequency and temperature).

about operating frequency I noticed that in win 8.1 cpuz shows correct ratio and bus but cpu freq seems to go down also with c-state and speedstep disabled; it is accepted or not?
for example one of my last result (see cpuz cpu): superpatodonaldo`s Aquamark score: 603640 marks with a GeForce GTX 580
Old 10-16-2017
robo cop

havli

#1:
So for rankings like this Y-Cruncher - Pi-1b overclocking records @ HWBOT from now on I have to take photo of the system? Well, this will be a lot of pictures... as with these CPUs almost any submission hits top 20 global with less popular benchmarks

#3:
I'm not sure I understand what this means exactly. Let's say I buy bunch of old ES on ebay and bench them for fun / cups / HW points... outside of competitions of course. So what changes for me starting with 1st Nov. 2017?
Old 10-16-2017
robo cop

yosarianilives

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpatodonaldo View Post
Good; just two questions:

Rule Update #1 - All Global Top-20 benchmark results must now include a valid verification screenshot and a system picture showing the benchmarked system in action.

system picture = a photo included mobo-vgas-cpu cooler etc? no more accepted photo with just a vga laying on a table, or so?
do this will be applied for future competitions (when a system picture is required)?
if possible please add some example, a valid photo and a non-valid photo, thank you
[/url]
Further on this question will we require enthusiast and below to show their rad in picture if they're not using air cooling?
Old 10-16-2017
robo cop

Elkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by havli View Post
#3:
I'm not sure I understand what this means exactly. Let's say I buy bunch of old ES on ebay and bench them for fun / cups / HW points... outside of competitions of course. So what changes for me starting with 1st Nov. 2017?
Keep invoice and pray for seller's soul.
Old 10-16-2017
HWBOT Forum Administrators

Thanked 1,347 Times in 744 Posts
websmile will become famous soon enoughwebsmile will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to websmile

I checked new xtu on gene 5 and 3770k/ OS windows 10x64 = works
On the rig picture, after we discussed this we want a real picture of the system in use or at least fully built with cooler etc. This is a general decision also for competitions in the future, we need to have a unified guideline again, no matter if we really need it or not. I am not sure we will ask for pictures for all competitions in the future though, sometimes we simply do not need it.
Your result is a borderline case, I can see multiplicator so I know it is 6800 but we prefer full speed settings. I will talk with massman if we accept speedstep
Top 20 means top 20 xd
Old ES is not what we aim for, we have too much complains about new gen, wrong accusations of hardware sharing and we want to end this by more transparency. We will clarify this on old es, but in theory ebay is enough

Last edited by websmile; 10-16-2017 at 14:29.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to websmile For This Useful Post:
havli (10-16-2017), marco.is.not.80 (10-17-2017), mickulty (10-16-2017), superpatodonaldo (10-16-2017)
Old 10-16-2017
robo cop

yosarianilives

Quote:
Originally Posted by websmile View Post
Old ES is not what we aim for, we have too much complains about new gen, wrong accusations of hardware sharing and we want to end this by more transparency. We will clarify this on old es, but in theory ebay is enough
Glad to hear, am currently looking for ES g34 opterons and was worried it may become a pain to sub.
Old 10-16-2017
robo cop

superpatodonaldo

well, about my result I can't understand why cpuz shows lowered freq, could it be due to BIOS?
disabled c-state and disabled speedstep should force cpu to run full freq....
and it occurs only in win8.1