Go Back   HWBOT forum > Offtopic > Offtopic

Offtopic Anything goes.

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2017
ret(ard)ired OCer

Trouffman
Default HWT2017 Sao Paulo - NO livestream

It is very sad but there will not be any stream of the World Tour Sao Paulo in 2017.
Old 01-13-2017
robo cop

Dreadlockyx
Default Re: HWT2017 Sao Paulo - NO livestream

Any reason for the being so ?
Old 01-16-2017
ret(ard)ired OCer

Trouffman

Lack of budget to cover the travel expenses. There is a need for $$ cash support (some companies understood that, Seasonic is doing it correctly). This impact much more than just me, I happen to just be one of the visible side of it.

I took part of the events as volunteer, none of the stream are actually being $$ covered, transportation/accomodation only for some. This is my part into making this hobby grow and have you guys the capacity to have thoses kinds of events as well.

As I also have to take unpaid leave from work (Yeah ! got to love the only 2 weeks of vacations in Canada ) having lack of income for a week + the Prices of the tickets would put others forthcoming stream at risks if this situation present itself again.

I am trying to get my head around a video explaining this, maybe a stream...
Old 01-16-2017
grunt bot

kimandsally

Wow mate didn't know you wern't paid!! I hope you find a sponsor or many I like your OCTV as you say it brings it to the people who can't get to the event.
Old 01-16-2017
ret(ard)ired OCer

Trouffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimandsally View Post
Wow mate didn't know you wern't paid!! I hope you find a sponsor or many I like your OCTV as you say it brings it to the people who can't get to the event.
The main purpose is to have $$ funding for theses events (some companies do it already and it is appreciated). Because no $$ funding + no event = no promotions = less sales.

The point is not about me not going/streaming, I would take this route to make the event happens, but that can only be a few times, as less visibility = less promotions.

We are at a point in this industry were there was easier, short-term money to be made and this is okay, this is how it works. OC is a not niche process nor a risks for companies, it can only beneficiate, in market differentiation, product differentiation, higher ASP especially in the time were number of shipments are reducing because the low-end is cannabilized by mobile (even me being a user), mid-end is slowly fading off and while there is less people buying new hardware but having it at a higher price point.

Very complex subject
Old 01-17-2017
transformer

elmor has a spectacular aura aboutelmor has a spectacular aura aboutelmor has a spectacular aura about

Your stream quality is not bad, but if you want more money you have to have an audience to back it up. How long have you guys been doing streaming now? And the viewership is still not picking up? Maybe time to go back to the drawing board?
Old 01-17-2017
Super Moderator

gavbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmor View Post
Your stream quality is not bad, but if you want more money you have to have an audience to back it up. How long have you guys been doing streaming now? And the viewership is still not picking up? Maybe time to go back to the drawing board?
^This

Maybe it's time to open it up a little/diversify the OC content a bit more? Instead of 150 different OC streamers fighting for the same small audience, why not take them all and get them on your Twitch partnership network?

That way, you have the hub for the best OC related live streams all in one place; yours?

https://www.twitch.tv/team/overclocking

Be the one for many, not the many for one

Best Thermal Paste 2017 Comparison - https://play3r.net/reviews/cooling/t...al-paste-2017/
YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/play3ryt
Old 01-17-2017
ret(ard)ired OCer

Trouffman

Interesting, I am fully open to have more people participating into this, this be on the channels, twitch teams or the likes.

Interesting comment as well as we are open to have anyone to stream on the OCTV channel for this purpose , same for hosting or re-hosting content from people that do not want to pay anymore for their hosting or have less time to manage it.

Everything was always in Creative Commons and free to use, free to share and usually do not feature any copyright logo, also there was no ads on the OCTV side whatsoever (like no banner ads etc.)

If anyone want to stream more content, that be stream, videos or guides, just hit me up.
Old 01-17-2017
Super Moderator

gavbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouffman View Post
Interesting, I am fully open to have more people participating into this, this be on the channels, twitch teams or the likes.

Interesting comment as well as we are open to have anyone to stream on the OCTV channel for this purpose , same for hosting or re-hosting content from people that do not want to pay anymore for their hosting or have less time to manage it.

Everything was always in Creative Commons and free to use, free to share and usually do not feature any copyright logo, also there was no ads on the OCTV side whatsoever (like no banner ads etc.)

If anyone want to stream more content, that be stream, videos or guides, just hit me up.
Feel free to invite Gavbon to your Overclocking Twitch network...I will gladly accept!

Best Thermal Paste 2017 Comparison - https://play3r.net/reviews/cooling/t...al-paste-2017/
YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/play3ryt
Old 01-18-2017
ret(ard)ired OCer

Trouffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavbon View Post
Feel free to invite Gavbon to your Overclocking Twitch network...I will gladly accept!
Stop being banned and put a shirt on ^^
The Following User Says Thank You to Trouffman For This Useful Post:
gavbon (01-18-2017)
Closed Thread