Because I'm a well know cheater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massman View Post
the most responsible overclocker in the world: @zeropluszero
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0ud_sil3nc3 View Post
The only cpu's I give back are dead ones
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zeropluszero For This Useful Post:
GtiJason (3 Weeks Ago), wiLLius (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago
robot overlord

l0ud_sil3nc3 is a jewel in the roughl0ud_sil3nc3 is a jewel in the roughl0ud_sil3nc3 is a jewel in the roughl0ud_sil3nc3 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Everyday all day submissions from unreleased Intel processors

Quote:
Originally Posted by websmile View Post
Sigh - will comment shortly on the original topic as a personal opinion not related to hwbot duties
Intel made a weird move. They allowed 7960x result submissions despite the cpu not rolled out (date 25.09.). If I see this with sense of humour they broke their own NDA and it seems they did to show capability compared to officially launched TR4 by AMD.
Normally I couldn´t care less because AMD not only doesn´t support hwbot, they also do not support competetive overclocking. They released a capable platform on which they did not care to fix rtc/win8 bug and even on multiplicator time shift problems occured at start, clear indicator they give a f... for their customers who enter hwbot or other oc related forums and love benchmarking. They limited benchmarking on lots of benchmarks to a non supported os like win7 near eol and couldn´t care less. Intel fxed this more than two years ago, this is caring.
I do care nontheless, the reason is that for 7 weeks we had very low count of guys who demolished the ranking using SKL-X while their competitors without access through industry networking and even lots of other elite guys had no chance to use this. This not only hurt 2d, but also 3d and it hurts the integrity of the system. I also care because to me all members are equal, if they are rookie or elite or use Intel or AMD or ARM. So in my personal opinion we will have to orientate on roll-out schedule in the future and subs with unreleased hardware get no points until it is scheduled to be delivered worldwide. World record news can be released but manipulation of ranking happens enough by hardware seeding, so we do not need to get more of this

P.S. Rev 7 will not fix the problems - not posting results for points but pointless might have fixed some...
P.P.S. George, you are banned for a reason, like much bigger names like onepagebook, cyclone, crustytheclown, saega, redcobra and many more. Hwbot cannot always adress all problems, on the cinebench desaster for example we had dozens of people involved and some of them did not even know it because they got changed files with prebuillt os etc., but when we ban someone for misconduct we do not watch league he is at or for whom he works. You can ask joshyocuk about this who did same you did

Please enlighten me what did Fasttrack do to get banned websmile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin0822 View Post
whats LOD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
If you can't beat 'em, report them! lol
Old 3 Weeks Ago
HWBOT Forum Administrators

Thanked 1,196 Times in 691 Posts
websmile will become famous soon enoughwebsmile will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to websmile

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0ud_sil3nc3 View Post
Please enlighten me what did Fasttrack do to get banned websmile?
During the Giabyte beat the heat competition he submitted scores at 5ghz lowclock stages for x265 4k and gpupi for cpu 1b that were unobtainable at given settings and frequency cap. Both scores were reported by lots of people, plausibility was checked by users and staff and it was ruled these were done at higher frequency and it was downclocked for screen after run
Old 1 Week Ago
Banned

SoF is infamous around these partsSoF is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splave

I better get back to work since I have nearly $1,000 ln2 bill this month for some online internet points that people think I didn't even do any work for...
Spent the same ammount in BTC beginning this year and it hit 4900$ today...you my friend invest in the wrong kind of internet points

And people think I actually work for my money, hahahahaha.

€: And let my hardware mine Ethereum since last year, not this stupid bench stuff...can really recommend - less stress, much money, such life

Last edited by SoF; 1 Week Ago at 21:10.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoF For This Useful Post:
Gunslinger (1 Week Ago), Jumper118 (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago
robo cop

GeorgeStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoF View Post
Spent the same ammount in BTC beginning this year and it hit 4900$ today...you my friend invest in the wrong kind of internet points

And people think I actually work for my money, hahahahaha.

€: And let my hardware mine Ethereum since last year, not this stupid bench stuff...can really recommend - less stress, much money, such life
Can be difficult to put a price on time enjoyed
Old 1 Week Ago
Banned

SoF is infamous around these partsSoF is infamous around these parts

I enjoyed overclocking for many years (2004-2012 to be exact) while there was a community of "private" enthusiast who helped each other, sharing knowledge and had some cool events. Yet looking back I burned a lot of money and not a single record or hardware back from 10, 8 or 5 years ago has any value today.

People benching hard with their private money these days should keep that in mind - your super expensive hardware of today and hours/days/weeks spent will be worthless in 1-2 years. I still have stuff like 3960X and 7990 here making me think "was it really worth it"...

Additionally everytime new hardware comes out these days there will be some kind of exclusive events where manufacturers/dealers will make sure they set the bar so high that breaking the scores is nearly impossible for a normal overclocker as long as the generation lasts. I can't see any fun in that.

But hey, I'm just a grumpy old man, who prefers profitable long-term investments and spending quality time with his family over burning money on meaningless (short-term) rankings and hwb-points.
Might be the reason I've not been here for a very long time but I'm amused discussions like this are still a thing
The Following User Says Thank You to SoF For This Useful Post:
Strunkenbold (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago
robo cop

GeorgeStorm

Guess you don't play any sports or anything either based on that kind of thinking? :P
Old 1 Week Ago
grunt bot

Jumper118

You could say same thing about whole of life. In 1000-2000 years nobody will know anyone here ever existed they will all be eaten by aliens.

Spend or gain monies on what you enjoy and tis all good.

OC isn't all about being 1st and records either. It's just about having fun. I have spent many monies and haven't really got as far as I could have done if I had selected the best £/points ratio. But 4 way sli and cf is fun and it gets me 2hw points. would rather have 2hw points from 4 way than sitting running xtu on an i3 for dayz to get 166 glowballs
Old 1 Week Ago
grunt bot

yosarianilives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumper118 View Post
You could say same thing about whole of life. In 1000-2000 years nobody will know anyone here ever existed they will all be eaten by aliens.

Spend or gain monies on what you enjoy and tis all good.

OC isn't all about being 1st and records either. It's just about having fun. I have spent many monies and haven't really got as far as I could have done if I had selected the best £/points ratio. But 4 way sli and cf is fun and it gets me 2hw points. would rather have 2hw points from 4 way than sitting running xtu on an i3 for dayz to get 166 glowballs
I'm only in it for the gold I'll run blackhole all day! Although I know mickulty actually has time to do this...
Old 1 Week Ago
construction bot

avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoF View Post
I enjoyed overclocking for many years (2004-2012 to be exact) while there was a community of "private" enthusiast who helped each other, sharing knowledge and had some cool events. Yet looking back I burned a lot of money and not a single record or hardware back from 10, 8 or 5 years ago has any value today.

People benching hard with their private money these days should keep that in mind - your super expensive hardware of today and hours/days/weeks spent will be worthless in 1-2 years. I still have stuff like 3960X and 7990 here making me think "was it really worth it"...

Additionally everytime new hardware comes out these days there will be some kind of exclusive events where manufacturers/dealers will make sure they set the bar so high that breaking the scores is nearly impossible for a normal overclocker as long as the generation lasts. I can't see any fun in that.

But hey, I'm just a grumpy old man, who prefers profitable long-term investments and spending quality time with his family over burning money on meaningless (short-term) rankings and hwb-points.
Might be the reason I've not been here for a very long time but I'm amused discussions like this are still a thing
Another perspective ...

Go off chasing the $Dollar$ ... In the end we all end up worm food beneath the soil.

Because for too many years that overclocking hobby proved too costly.
You defeated yourself & denied yourself that hobby Overclocking.

It's not about who finished with the most toys. Do the best with what you have.

>>>>Blitzkrieg >>> auslöschen >> manövriert > Brilliant! Defeated you just don't know it yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avalanche For This Useful Post:
Jumper118 (1 Week Ago), speed.fastest (1 Week Ago)