Go Back   HWBOT forum > >

League Discussions Discuss the current leagues

User Tag List

Old 04-04-2017
grunt bot

Fasttrack
Default Re: The line between ambient water and chilled/cold

-20c in Siberia ( with open windows ) is ambient.
+40 in Africa is ambient.

Should we ask people living in Arctic regions to raise the temperature to +20 and the people living in extremely hot climates, to install an air-conditioning unit, right above the PC, to reduce temperature to +20 ?

Kind of looking at the glass and wondering if it is half full or half empty.

Too much anxiety for a non-solvable ( technically speaking ) issue.

Even after 2000 posts in this thread, we will be at the same point - 0.
Old 04-04-2017
1guy4000cups

knopflerbruce is on a distinguished road

I can't see why tap water is not OK. Everyone has it (at least in the overclocking scene), and it's even easier to use than regular water cooling setups, which are allowed.

Mother nature isn't a "chiller".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno.lcn
I was just searching for some good dick cloning software, guess I was doing it wrong, got all kinds of results I wasn't expecting
Old 04-04-2017
robo cop

Elkim

Because for cold water there is a category while submitting. Is tap water cold? Yes its is. Its just cold water. Whole reason to that is competeability of the whole thing. And main problem is that "ambient" is just wrong word for our problem, we should stop calling it that and replace it with something else.

Ambient in our case is everything but inconstant and its very foldable.

The whole point of the league is to get the people fair chances, I see ambient as something that I live in, I sleep in, I bunny in, I eat it, just a surroundings that is comfortable to man. So yeas if somebody lives in hell, he get AC so he can live better and cool down surrounding area to 20°C. Staying 24/7/365 under 18°C isnt normal and thats not "our ambient".

Ambient watercooling in our case is temp of waterloop which you can sustain by surrounding air temp in which you live in.

I don't know folks, but it makes perfect sense to me how enthusiast league is set and how it is ment but there is just much much much headroom bend it.

That is just way I see it. Remove ambient, it doesnt make sense in our case. Lets just do watercooling and dont give a bunny if its cooled by Nachtfalke'ss chiller to -50°C or mountain spring 4°C water or whatever lol
Old 04-04-2017
grunt bot

Fasttrack

Friends, I trust Scotty.
Why ?
For a zillion reasons.

We ( almost all of us ), say the same thing with small deviations.

The enthusiast league must go down.
End. Stopped.
The word " ambient " is, by nature, so vague, that the rules imposed in the enthusiast league, are ( and can be ), so bended, that someone either laughs or raises an eyebrow ( to say the least ).

If what Scotty has been saying for years ( one league for Pros and one for the rest ), is not achievable, at least lets merge everything that has to do with water -
AIO, water, custom water, chilled/cold and whatever else exists.

Either if a chiller takes water to -30 or the Siberian nature, we will not have to wonder each time, who cheats and who does not.

Just my 0.02c
Old 04-04-2017
HWBOT Forum Administrators

Thanked 1,195 Times in 690 Posts
websmile will become famous soon enoughwebsmile will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to websmile

I entered hwbot when something like an enthusiast league didn´t exist. Everyone was responsible for his results, they did depend on cooling of course, and up to a certain amount on skills. Now at enthusiast league they mainly depend on how you bend the rules... this problem is not solvable, and for everyone we catch at chilling ten new guys start to do the same. It is tiresome to fight windmills, and this is main reason why I don´t contribute to this thread, it is something you cannot solve at an online league. Imho even the NSA would fail at making this work^^
Old 04-04-2017
grunt bot

Fasttrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by websmile View Post
I entered hwbot when something like an enthusiast league didn´t exist. Everyone was responsible for his results, they did depend on cooling of course, and up to a certain amount on skills. Now at enthusiast league they mainly depend on how you bend the rules... this problem is not solvable, and for everyone we catch at chilling ten new guys start to do the same. It is tiresome to fight windmills, and this is main reason why I don´t contribute to this thread, it is something you cannot solve at an online league. Imho even the NSA would fail at making this work^^
Thank you Michael for this down to earth approach.
An extremely valuable opinion, to which ALL must give extra weight.

Based on this approach, only one thing remains to be done.
Reshuffle the deck.
We can't do that.
The owners/administrators of this site, must sit down and think how to reconstruct the leagues, in order to avoid any further " misunderstandings ".
Old 04-05-2017
HWBOT Staff

Antinomy
Send a message via Skype™ to Antinomy

I am fully with Mr. Scott on the "artificial chilled" thing. I've given my photo to show that counting category by water temp alone is nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkim View Post
Check the submitting page, its chilled/cold, so yes, he doesnt chilling it, his water is just cold = Apprentice.
During winter I've got tap water around 4-5 degrees. During summer it warms up to 12-13. Opening a window during winter give me some comfortable +14-16 degrees of fresh air. During summer the are days with 14-16 temps. Usually it gets around 20.

So - which of these conditions do you define as not chilled? Yet again - how high do you suggest me to heat the water before cooling the CPU?
Or you want to ban tap water cooling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knopflerbruce View Post
Mother nature isn't a "chiller".
I'll save these words when some fellow Aussies drop by
Old 04-05-2017
Opera aficionado

Splave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to all

Old 04-05-2017
robo cop

speed.fastest is on a distinguished road

I have hard idea, but i dont agree with this. Change the cooling section, Warm Water & Cold Water, its chiller or not doesnt matter. What matter is the temp. Still people can keep bending the rules on this. The best would be merging Apprentice & Enthusiast.
Old 04-05-2017
transformer

newlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkim View Post
Because for cold water there is a category while submitting. Is tap water cold? Yes its is. Its just cold water. Whole reason to that is competeability of the whole thing. And main problem is that "ambient" is just wrong word for our problem, we should stop calling it that and replace it with something else.

Ambient in our case is everything but inconstant and its very foldable.

The whole point of the league is to get the people fair chances, I see ambient as something that I live in, I sleep in, I bunny in, I eat it, just a surroundings that is comfortable to man. So yeas if somebody lives in hell, he get AC so he can live better and cool down surrounding area to 20°C. Staying 24/7/365 under 18°C isnt normal and thats not "our ambient".

Ambient watercooling in our case is temp of waterloop which you can sustain by surrounding air temp in which you live in.

I don't know folks, but it makes perfect sense to me how enthusiast league is set and how it is ment but there is just much much much headroom bend it.

That is just way I see it. Remove ambient, it doesnt make sense in our case. Lets just do watercooling and dont give a bunny if its cooled by Nachtfalke'ss chiller to -50°C or mountain spring 4°C water or whatever lol
You really need to go eat a snickers and get the bunny over it