Go Back   HWBOT forum > Advanced overclocking > Volt modifications

Volt modifications Voltmod and IC database.

Old 01-25-2017
kitchen robot

dualityyy
Default Re: vMod-requests and general discussions

I'd like to send you a PM, but it seems I can't. Not sure if it's because I'm "new" here or if it's the forums, so I'll just ask here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlife View Post
Fm2+ is most definitely not tdp limited as I've run it at 1.8-2v with all cores running cinebench without a issue

If you are having problems with tdp it should have an option to disable it the bios unless you are using something like the athlon 845 which is tdp limited no matter what

The F2A88XN-wifi is one of the best fm2+ boards I've used and it doesn't any issues running 2v+ under load as it has extremely high end power delivery on the cpu/nb despite being 4+2 phase
Wow, that's great news, I didn't even know. I'll be running a modded BIOS along with 2400/10 Samsung HYK0 Trident X (2*8GB) on this board.

Since CPU is under water with a 280mm XT45, what kind of voltage to do you think I can run safely? (coming from a guy who runs his 6600K at 1.488V load 24/7). 1.55? 1.6? I'll figure out the rest when I get this under water

edit : you can send me a PM on Overclock.net if you wish (user Duality92)

Last edited by dualityyy; 01-25-2017 at 16:10.
Old 04-09-2017
kitchen robot

obsunal
Question Re: vMod-requests and general discussions

Hi,
Idk, if this still active, but this seems like my best shot. I got custom quadro k4000, won from a competition. Which is really weird card, because it has 4 gigs of vram (instead of 3 gigs) has no external 6 or 8 pin (casually has 1 6 pin). I've found out that it uses NCP81172 from semiconductor as pwm controller. Got datasheet and where is feedback pin on pcb. It seems like it has two resistors and one capacitor connected. I'm not sure where to put my potentiometer. Also found shunt resistors, where im gonna put an molex connector to increase power and I think it considered as pcie power in bios. Correct me on that if im wrong. It would be really nice if someone can help me with it. I attached datasheet and common application and also photo of pcb. All in all this seems doable but im really new in computer stuff but im good with electronics so got pretty good soldering skills.
Old 04-10-2017
transformer

newlife

Either you have the wrong pwm or soldering to wrong place or fb just doesn't work but VID mod should work as you just need to short vid pins based on table in datasheet (conductive pen/liquid metal will work or even a DIP switch for easy adjustments)
Old 04-10-2017
maintenance bot

jaffers
Red face Re: vMod-requests and general discussions

Aha, it was just a bad joint to ground.... SMH

Thanks though!
Old 1 Week Ago
robo cop

Noxinite

This thread is a bit quiet. :P

Anyone have access to the VT235WF datasheet?

I need it for memory voltage control on my GTX 260 216sp 65nm card.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: that's the mosfet apparently. (facepalm)

It was the only thing which looked like a controller other than the VT1165 on core.

But apparently this is the GTX 280 PCB and there is no visible mem controller.

Last edited by Noxinite; 1 Week Ago at 17:54.
Old 1 Week Ago
construction bot

Wimpzilla

Yep the VT235 indeed is a power mosfet, the same used on some HD4870: http://rarara.at.webry.info/200808/article_13.html

Could you please post some high res pictures of the pcb both sides, couldn't find any good pictures to work with.

Also it seems the power stage is somehow quite similar to the gtx280, if i'm not mistaking here.

Last edited by Wimpzilla; 1 Week Ago at 18:18.
Old 1 Week Ago
robo cop

Noxinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimpzilla View Post
Yep the VT235 indeed is a power mosfet, the same used on some HD4870: http://rarara.at.webry.info/200808/article_13.html

Could you please post some high res pictures of the pcb both sides, couldn't find any good pictures to work with.

Also it seems the power stage is somehow quite similar to the gtx280, if i'm not mistaking here.
I found some mods and will test them soon, but there is no visible mem controller anywhere. Just PLL and core.
Old 1 Week Ago
construction bot

Wimpzilla

I can only suppose that maybe there is only one controller, this one support up to 8 phases, back in the time the controller output phases couldn't really be separated like the one nowadays, i mean you could not have n + n phases, with both separate pwm control.

Maybe this was done changing the power mosfet type that's why there was a master controller and n slaves power mosfets. Changing the kind of power mosfets change the output voltage and current. Or by setting a different VID for each phases.

This is just supposition i could be completely wrong about, this goes a bit beyond my basic knowledge of the FB pin, but it's likely why i couldn't find a mem voltmod, just the gpu and ocp one.

Here the master VT1165 datasheet: http://www.datasheetspdf.com/pdf/100...ctor/VT1165M/1

Edit: would be grateful if someone throw some explication on how this stuff works!

Last edited by Wimpzilla; 1 Week Ago at 16:14.