Go Back   HWBOT forum > >

General overclocking All things overclocking that doesn't anywhere else

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Unread 12-09-2016
Opera aficionado

Splave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to all
Default Re: Kaby NDA breaking shame thread

If this thread stops one user from leaking it was worth my 20 seconds of typing no? :P
The Following User Says Thank You to Splave For This Useful Post:
zeropluszero (12-12-2016)
Unread 12-09-2016
robo cop

rtsurfer

I see no shame here.
All I see is people looking out for their own personal best interest. Only reason you care about the NDA breaks is because your prelaunch CPU supply will stop. Frankly, I don't give a damn.

These leaks help normal people, who might not have friends in the right places (not everyone does), get some idea of what's to come & organize their purchases that way. I am for everyone benefiting and not just a select few "power users/XOCers".

I just see people trying to maintain their superiority by making sure they get to play with stuff ahead of time & they share it with their chosen friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splave View Post
How would it be if Intel decided not to send any CPUs even to manufacturers anymore and forced them instead to have a company representative only use them under their guidance. Bet the OC boards would be terrible at a design level that couldn't be fixed.
I don't think they'll go that far, if they do, well screw em. They are only gonna hurt themselves if they are not willing to provide CPUs even to Mobo makers. I will bench AMD, I don't care.

Last edited by rtsurfer; 12-09-2016 at 21:19.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rtsurfer For This Useful Post:
basco (12-12-2016), buildzoid (12-09-2016), havli (12-09-2016), kicsipapucs (12-10-2016), TerraRaptor (12-10-2016)
Unread 12-09-2016
nVidia FTW!

Location: Glasgowvic, Scotistan. Average Kingdom of Un-United Britain..
K404

If Intel care... they'll stop sending hardware to these people/sites.

Coolaler has been leaking for ten years. It's clearly not a problem for Intel. They've had a decade to do something about it. No point trying to close the stable door now, easier to catch the horse by buying frozen lasagne.

Yes, people are breaking a legal document, but what is a law with no consequence for breach? A guideline. Ethics and morals are the first victims of chasing money.
https://twitter.com/K404ExtremeOC

I do not believe in 1st place by any means, at any cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by der8auer View Post
Knowing workarounds to get a benchmark to run is not a skill. It's a combination of knowledge and wasting time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K404 For This Useful Post:
MR. Horse (12-10-2016), xxbassplayerxx (12-27-2016)
Unread 12-09-2016
Fully capable of playing games

Mr.Scott is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by K404 View Post

but what is a law with no consequence for breach? A guideline. Ethics and morals are the first victims of chasing money.
Hmmm.........kinda like HWB.

Warp9-systems, the Antichrist of competitive benchmarking.
Loved by thousands, hated by millions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Scott For This Useful Post:
rtsurfer (12-10-2016), Splave (12-10-2016)
Unread 12-09-2016
robot overlord

l0ud_sil3nc3 has a spectacular aura aboutl0ud_sil3nc3 has a spectacular aura aboutl0ud_sil3nc3 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtsurfer View Post
I see no shame here.
All I see is people looking out for their own personal best interest. Only reason you care about the NDA breaks is because your prelaunch CPU supply will stop. Frankly, I don't give a damn.

These leaks help normal people, who might not have friends in the right places (not everyone does), get some idea of what's to come & organize their purchases that way. I am for everyone benefiting and not just a select few "power users/XOCers".

I just see people trying to maintain their superiority by making sure they get to play with stuff ahead of time & they share it with their chosen friends.

I don't think they'll go that far, if they do, well screw em. They are only gonna hurt themselves if they are not willing to provide CPUs even to Mobo makers. I will bench AMD, I don't care.

It really just boils down to being a man of your word. If you signed an NDA you should follow it, it's that simple.

If you didn't sign one and you choose to leak that's your choice but in reality you are just going to get your contact in some sort trouble/headache.

Is that worth a click bait article? To some of these "news" sites it most surely is which is why I never click on that cancer in fact I feel this is the best way to voice your opinion, by denying them the one thing they get paid on. . . views for ad revenue.

It has nothing to do with maintaining superiority, it's a legally binding contract and I don't know about you but I would prefer to not have to deal with any litigation over my hobby.

It honestly just sounds like your a little butt hurt you don't have a prelaunch CPU source because believe me if you were on the other side of the fence I'm sure you opinion about leaking NDA information would be completely different but hey I could be wrong.

Also people want to slam Intel and throw them under the bus for everything but if you guys had any idea how much they do for over clocking that you guys just take for granted you would be shocked, but it's just so much easier to just complain instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin0822 View Post
whats LOD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
If you can't beat 'em, report them! lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to l0ud_sil3nc3 For This Useful Post:
der8auer (12-10-2016), Trouffman (12-21-2016)
Unread 12-10-2016
transformer

MR. Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by K404 View Post
If Intel care... they'll stop sending hardware to these people/sites.

Coolaler has been leaking for ten years. It's clearly not a problem for Intel. They've had a decade to do something about it. No point trying to close the stable door now, easier to catch the horse by buying frozen lasagne.
Indeed, if Intel truly cared they do something like when employees were selling ES CPUs.

If Intel drictly loses a lot of money directly from a beach of the NDA they're go after the the people that broke it. Remember it costs momey to take someone to court. And more money to take a company to court. Why spent thousands to go after someone to took 100s$? If you get what I'm saying?
Unread 12-10-2016
Opera aficionado

Splave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. Horse View Post
Indeed, if Intel truly cared they do something like when employees were selling ES CPUs.

If Intel drictly loses a lot of money directly from a beach of the NDA they're go after the the people that broke it. Remember it costs money to take someone to court. And more money to take a company to court. Why spent thousands to go after someone to took 100s$? If you get what I'm saying?
The logic in this thread is mind numbingly short sighted and hilarious. Are you kidding why don't you walk into a Walmart and push out a giant Cart of goods for free because why not they make billions a year right what's $500?

@K404 Intel doesn't send places like toms samples pre launch they acquire them through motherboard vendors etc.
Unread 12-10-2016
robot overlord

TaPaKaH
Send a message via ICQ to TaPaKaH Send a message via Skype™ to TaPaKaH

How do you know that those people / websites have actually signed an NDA? It's just your assumption.
If they didn't, they should be free to publish whatever they want, whenever they want.

I didn't sign any NDA and posted information on Kaby Lake in public months ago. Please shame and sue me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaPaKaH For This Useful Post:
d0minat0r (12-14-2016), TerraRaptor (12-10-2016)
Unread 12-10-2016
nVidia FTW!

Location: Glasgowvic, Scotistan. Average Kingdom of Un-United Britain..
K404

Quote:

@K404 Intel doesn't send places like toms samples pre launch they acquire them through motherboard vendors etc.
A very "neat" gray area If the NDA is attached to the mobo, then CPU details can be released, depending on wording of NDA.

The last NDA I signed was well worded. I wasn't allowed to discuss anything until expiry. I think I could have put a 7800GT in the machine and I couldn't have talked about it
https://twitter.com/K404ExtremeOC

I do not believe in 1st place by any means, at any cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by der8auer View Post
Knowing workarounds to get a benchmark to run is not a skill. It's a combination of knowledge and wasting time.
Unread 12-10-2016
transformer

MR. Horse

Quote:
The logic in this thread is mind numbingly short sighted and hilarious. Are you kidding why don't you walk into a Walmart and push out a giant Cart of goods for free because why not they make billions a year right what's $500?

People aren't walking into Intel and steeling CPUs here. What these people are doing it still not right one bit. And I sure don't agree with it.

But look at it from a Business stand point. Most people are getting these CPUs indirectly from motherboard manufacture and big OEMs. Intel could be at a loss to go after them. Crap rolls down hill. At some point if Intel whent after these breaches the OEM or motherboard manufactur will likely be penalized and that can lead to a loss of an oem for Intel. The place I used to worked for dropped all contracts with Intel after Intel went after the company for a breach in a NDA.

Think if they went after Dell or Asus for such a breach. The long term losses could bigger the the losses of the release of what amounts to a trade secret.

It's the same with the sale of older ES CPUs. Intel would be at a loss to go after the sale of a old p4 ES cpu on eBay even it it's technically the sale of stolen goods.

Basically what I'm saying is that Intel needs to evaluate the risk involved with when going after breaches and it's not always best for Intel to take legal action against every breach.

Last edited by MR. Horse; 12-10-2016 at 02:06.
Closed Thread