User Tag List

Old 04-27-2017
transformer

Strong Island
Default Re: The line between ambient water and chilled/cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlife View Post
This is an awesome outcome for a rather stupid thread

My first LN2 pot I got for a schnitzel and my second which I still use was traded for a hwbot venom pot
I just bought a used hwbot venom pot, wonder if it was yours, haha. it was like brand new. I couldnt figure it out. There was tape on it and all I could see was HW but I didnt want to remove the tape and I never knew they made a few hwbot versions, so I couldnt figure out what it said and why mine had weird letters on it. The tape was so nice I didnt want to mess with it.

That EK Pot is a nice starter pot, that was really nice of Jason, he is a really nice guy. Always willing to help.
Old 04-27-2017
construction bot

Hilderman

Ya, really was nice of him. A great example of "pay it forward" and the camaraderie sometimes found here at HWbot.
I'm thinking Jason deserves some great karma to fall his way.
Old 08-17-2017
maintenance bot

No1Spank

My take on the whole "chilled" argument is to do with practicality, cost and reliability of parts.
Anyone in the enthusiast league can run an extension lead outside and bench in the cold, I used to so I think it is fair as anyone can do it. If it was actually freezing I didn't because I don't like being cold. Also the gains in going outside weren't that great for the amount of effort, it won't make an average CPU a fast one.

When you start playing with actual water chillers and peltiers things get more expensive and more complicated with more potential for damaging components but the potential gains are bigger so then I think it is fair to be in apprentice league.

If you are going to the hassle of going outside and putting rads out the window it's only a matter of time before you will want to go more hardcore and move up anyway. The best overclockers will eventually always end up in the extreme league running the best hardware on LN2. The same as the best drivers eventually will always end up in formula one.
Old 08-17-2017
maintenance bot

No1Spank

My take on the whole "chilled" argument is to do with practicality, cost and reliability of parts.
Anyone in the enthusiast league can run an extension lead outside and bench in the cold, I used to so I think it is fair as anyone can do it. If it was actually freezing I didn't because I don't like being cold. Also the gains in going outside weren't that great for the amount of effort, it won't make an average CPU a fast one.

When you start playing with actual water chillers and peltiers things get more expensive and more complicated with more potential for damaging components but the potential gains are bigger so then I think it is fair to be in apprentice league.

If you are going to the hassle of going outside and putting rads out the window it's only a matter of time before you will want to go more hardcore and move up anyway. The best overclockers will eventually always end up in the extreme league running the best hardware on LN2. The same as the best drivers eventually will always end up in formula one.
Old 08-17-2017
Fully capable of playing games

Mr.Scott is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1Spank View Post
The best overclockers will eventually always end up in the extreme league running the best hardware on LN2.
That is not necessarily true.

Warp9-systems, the Antichrist of competitive benchmarking.
Loved by thousands, hated by millions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Scott For This Useful Post:
Leeghoofd (08-17-2017)
Old 08-18-2017
maintenance bot

No1Spank
Smile Re: The line between ambient water and chilled/cold

Ok the best & most ambitious overclockers..