Go Back   HWBOT forum > HWBOT Information > HWBOT Development: bugs, features and suggestions > HWBOT Rev.4

HWBOT Rev.4 Everything about HWBOT Rev.4

Old 11-12-2011
robo cop

matose

So, the competition points are still not implemented? The ideea is still on the "to do list"?

Ontopic: I don't think it's a good ideea to give so much global points to all the bunnypoopty overall's WR . Makes the WR's that really matters (single card 3D for example) less important...
Old 11-12-2011
In the distance

Thanked 1,136 Times in 557 Posts
Massman has a spectacular aura aboutMassman has a spectacular aura aboutMassman has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Massman

Competition points are implemented, but not very transparent. R4.2.4 has some extra overview options for it.

FYI, the difference between "bunnypoopty overall wr" and a "single gpu wr" is over 100p: 59.8p (eg: 3x CPU wprime) versus 168p (eg: 1x GPU 3DM06).

For all HWBOT community related questions, contact Christian Ney or Websmile. For any other questions, contact me at pieter@hwbot.org.
Old 11-12-2011
nVidia FTW!

Location: Glasgowvic, Scotistan. Average Kingdom of Un-United Britain..
K404

@ RB.... Either too many points for #1 or not enough for #10

Massman and me spoke about this once.... what if the points increase was smoother, but with "bumps" at.... eg.... 100, 50, 20, 10 and 5

@PJ.... at the moment, there is a difference. If there is enough of a reason "for the masses" to bench the category then the points gap will close, you know that
https://twitter.com/K404ExtremeOC

I do not believe in 1st place by any means, at any cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by der8auer View Post
Knowing workarounds to get a benchmark to run is not a skill. It's a combination of knowledge and wasting time.

Last edited by K404; 11-12-2011 at 14:54.
Old 11-12-2011
In the distance

Massman has a spectacular aura aboutMassman has a spectacular aura aboutMassman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by K404 View Post
@PJ.... at the moment, there is a difference. If there is enough of a reason "for the masses" to bench the category then the points gap will close, you know that
?

It's 'unreasonable' that the points gap closes when more people compete in a ranking?

For all HWBOT community related questions, contact Christian Ney or Websmile. For any other questions, contact me at pieter@hwbot.org.
Old 11-12-2011
robo cop

matose

My profile says I got 12 points from competitions but I cannot find any details about that.
I'm reffering to MOA, GOOC, Country Cup, etc. Where can I see what points I have and how can I add the competitions I've won?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massman View Post
FYI, the difference between "bunnypoopty overall wr" and a "single gpu wr" is over 100p: 59.8p (eg: 3x CPU wprime) versus 168p (eg: 1x GPU 3DM06).
Yes, but 2 x "bunnypoopty overall wr" = "single gpu wr" and that's not exactly fair in my book. Single GPU WR takes much more work to obtain that 2 x 1-core WPrime WR's for example

Last edited by matose; 11-12-2011 at 14:58.
Old 11-12-2011
nVidia FTW!

Location: Glasgowvic, Scotistan. Average Kingdom of Un-United Britain..
K404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massman View Post
?

It's 'unreasonable' that the points gap closes when more people compete in a ranking?
I honestly don't know.

Basing points purely on popularity....... if there were 10,000 results each of 3DM11 single card and 3xCPU wP32M.... are they equally impressive achievements that deserve equal points?

Should the least popular global leaderboard be worth 1/3-1/2 of the points of the most popular?

Not commenting, just giving ya food for thought

EDIT: Matose and me are thinking along the same lines. Quick, everyone take cover!
https://twitter.com/K404ExtremeOC

I do not believe in 1st place by any means, at any cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by der8auer View Post
Knowing workarounds to get a benchmark to run is not a skill. It's a combination of knowledge and wasting time.
Old 11-12-2011
In the distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by matose View Post
My profile says I got 12 points from competitions but I cannot find any details about that.
I'm reffering to MOA, GOOC, Country Cup, etc. Where can I see what points I have and how can I add the competitions I've won?
An overview is coming in R4.2.4 and will be visible under the points tab in your profile. Example:

For MOA and GOOC we need additional code to support competitions that are not based on the hwbot database. The code is planned for R4.3 release.

Old 11-12-2011
In the distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by matose View Post
Yes, but 2 x "bunnypoopty overall wr" = "single gpu wr" and that's not exactly fair in my book. Single GPU WR takes much more work to obtain that 2 x 1-core WPrime WR's for example
Yes, but you only have 15 slots for Global points for your league ranking.

Old 11-12-2011
robo cop

matose

You're missing the point Pieter .
If I have 6 x "bunnypoopty WR" and you have 3 x "single-card WR" we will have the same points, this makes me as good as you?!
Old 11-12-2011
HWBOT Forum Administrators

richba5tard has disabled reputation

6x WR in unpopular ranking is still < 3x single card WR. It's more like 8 to 3. And 3x or 4x SLI requires skill too.

We're not levelling the points, just give an incentive to bench more exotic ranking too. It's not fair that 3x CPU WR now gives you a mere 10 points.