Go Back   HWBOT forum > >

Benchmark software Discuss benchmarking software.

User Tag List

Old 05-26-2016
Bullant

Default Re: Its time to overhaul XTU.....

Good to see hwbot working on solution,think xtu is used way to much to give up on this benchmark,for the record I think it's really great tweak able benchmark that responds to memory tweaking on most platforms,I know we have seen couple lucky runs on skylake.I myself have found xtu to be consistent on haswell and skylake never no lucky runs like say hwbp

Same thing applies tho you can never stop cheating,you can only hope most people are honest
Old 06-28-2016
robo cop

subaruwrc

still no mandatory screenshot or mem settings .....
Old 1 Week Ago
kitchen robot

cat1092

How did the OP really get over 10GB out of a i7-4770K? My PC powered by a i7-4790K crashes when adjusting the ratio to x47 & am lucky to break the 1,200 mark at times, believe my personal record is around 1221 (approximate). Came close today, within 10 points, yet cannot reproduce whatever made my system run at 4.8Ghz, which would had required tuning to x48 (all cores synced). The 4790K & other Haswell Refresh CPU's (reportedly) has 'better' TIM than the long list prior to the Refresh editions.

Cannot remember how I achieved that, if running the Windows based ASUS Ai Tuner, or playing around in the UEFI. Although I believe (IMO), had I bumped the voltage up just a hair (runs at 1.3086V with new setting, up from 1.275 with x44). could had beat my personal record.

Speccy specs provided for anyone who wants to take a peek.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/F...JAINSczWlbCkru

Cooling via Noctua NH-D15, which dropped temps huge under load & allowed me to run the XTU app w/out thermal throttling.

Am considering delidding, although should I do, will grab a low cost Pentium unlocked version on eBay, many sold new for $59.99 on promo, so should be able to get one for under $40. Better to damage that than a (at the time) $329 CPU. Also have it's little brother in the i5-4690K, has never BSOD'd, even set at 4.4GHz (x44 ratio tuning). Makes me wonder if H/T is really needed.

BTW, while I'm just learning how to OC & performed my first build with all new components in late 2015, the 10th place ranking in the league I'm currently in (within the US) & in the Top 25% of Hardware Masters shows that I do know how to do something right.;-)

Cat

Last edited by cat1092; 1 Week Ago at 23:22. Reason: Added Info to Post
Old 1 Week Ago
ret(ard)ired OCer

Trouffman

@cat1092 this was a bug in the benchmark this is not a real frequency NO one have reach close to that speed.

Maybe @Splave could be so kind and teach you some of his magic.
Old 1 Week Ago
kitchen robot

Jokot

People scoring over 1800 consistently on 6700k's while still under 5ghz and not running any CRAZY memory settings makes me question if there isn't something going on for skylake too.
Old 1 Week Ago
transformer

suzuki

Bugged versions of xtu give you the scores over 1800. I saw even with 4000 12-19-19 score of 1816 ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 2 Days Ago
kitchen robot

cat1092

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokot View Post
People scoring over 1800 consistently on 6700k's while still under 5ghz and not running any CRAZY memory settings makes me question if there isn't something going on for skylake too.
Yeah, and to think, even with DDR3 RAM, the i7-4790K still edges the 6700K which runs DDR4 according to the Passmark site.

Must be something about the RAM, I mean one can go with 64GB & use no more modules in doing so, that would leave one for a huge RAMDisk, if that could factor into a benchmark.

I could had probably squeezed 5.0Ghz out of my 4790K, however didn't want to go with liquid cooling. Too much cash invested to lose all due to leakage, or worse, set the place on fire. Liquid & electricity doesn't play well together, and I don't aim to be the next to find out.

Cat