Go Back   HWBOT forum > HWBOT Information > HWBOT World Tour

HWBOT World Tour Discuss the World Tour events and stops

Old 08-03-2017
HWBOT Staff

sdougal
Default HWBOT World Tour Seattle 2017 @ PAX - Cancelled

Hi Guys.

Unfortunately the HWBOT World Tour will not be attending the PAX Seattle event early next month. Despite our best efforts, logistical and financial constraints mean that it's not going to happen.

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=170530&page=2

The good news is that we intend to maintain our commitment to having two World Tour events in North America in 2017. Right now we are doing our utmost to attend DreamHack in Montreal on Sept 8th - 10th. Plans are not finalized yet, but we will confirm more details in the next week or so.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Last edited by sdougal; 08-03-2017 at 09:49.
Old 08-04-2017
robo cop

filmbot
Default Re: HWBOT World Tour Seattle 2017 @ PAX - Cancelled

Had a feeling it would come down to something like this. Real shame it took so long to determine it wasn't going to happen. Won't be able to make it to Montreal as my vacation funds have been allocated to Seattle already.

I'm still going to be in Seattle regardless with a couple of friends since we booked our trip months ago. If anyone is in the same situation or lives in the area and wants to hangout, shoot me a PM. We'll be in 31st-6th.

Old 08-04-2017
Opera aficionado

Splave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to all

Sorry it's in Canada...
Old 08-04-2017
grunt bot

WhiteWulfe

Less than a month of warning is going to throw a wrench into a number of people's plans, especially since for most vacation times have to be booked months in advance, not to mention those plane tickets and hotels (especially hotels, given how popular Pax West is).

Just over a month until DreamHack too, which is going to really complicate things for a number of people because it's not really much notice.

I'm glad to hear there's still a plan to have a North American stop, but my biggest question is this: what is going to happen if for some reason DreamHack doesn't pan out?

Last edited by WhiteWulfe; 08-04-2017 at 19:35.
Old 08-04-2017
construction bot

MrBreeze is on a distinguished road

Heads up HWBOT mods but the only guys to make Montreal both times the last 2 years were me, Rasparthe and marc0053, and I am 100% sure I can't make it and 99.9% sure neither of them can either
Old 08-04-2017
construction bot

mllrkllr88

This is a really big disappointment.

I already made financial commitments to Seattle and my wife planned our summer vacations around this event. I also skipped the PA meetup because I was saving my pennies for the Seattle event. Its not only the financial loss for me, but I was really looking forward to finally attending my first event and meeting some of the people I have become friends with over the years.

Not the end of the world but certainly a bummer, life goes on
Old 08-04-2017
grunt bot

sunset1

I have made plans also to miss pa so i could visit with my bud mllrkllr88 and the gang .. This is frustrating but .. spending money on other areas is obviously more important. Remove cash prizes from comps.. and make t-shirt sales and bench tables a priority. Happy Happy JOY JOY

I like my canadian brothers but show some love for the states bro. As someone once said "So SAD"

Special invites going out for OC party at my house Splave yer invited LOL Sorry limit 5-10 peeps. Invite only slackers :> Peace
Old 08-04-2017
robot overlord

l0ud_sil3nc3 is a jewel in the roughl0ud_sil3nc3 is a jewel in the roughl0ud_sil3nc3 is a jewel in the roughl0ud_sil3nc3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin0822 View Post
whats LOD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
If you can't beat 'em, report them! lol
Old 08-07-2017
ret(ard)ired OCer

Trouffman

Sad to see it will not happen at PAX but glad to see it happening at Dreamhack.

I will be at PAX anyway and I could arrange a meetup for everyone that already plan to get there and still see each other. (Btw this is not HWBOT Initiative but my personal one)
[MENTION=33487]sunset1[/MENTION] event and benchtable are totally separated projects without impacts on each others don't assume things you have no idea about please.

Looking forward to see some of you guys in Montreal.
Old 08-08-2017
In the distance

Thanked 1,136 Times in 557 Posts
Massman has a spectacular aura aboutMassman has a spectacular aura aboutMassman has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Massman

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmbot View Post
Had a feeling it would come down to something like this. Real shame it took so long to determine it wasn't going to happen.
I was sent the link to the thread here and wanted to respond.

First of all, I'm really sorry that we had to cancel the event at PAX and caused problems for some of you. I agree that the timing of cancellation was too late and we should have pulled it sooner if that had been possible. We were trying to find solutions for the problems we were facing until the last moment.

This is the first event in 4 years that we had to cancel and I hope it will be the last one. I won't go into details regarding what caused us to cancel it, but it simply boils down to PAX not being financially viable for the World Tour this year. We're trying to bring more attention and people to overclocking on a very tight budget with the World Tour and pursuing PAX as a venue would have jeopardized future events.

As the General Manager of HWBOT I take full responsibility for this situation and will do my best to avoid situations like this in the future.

Sorry.

For all HWBOT community related questions, contact Christian Ney or Websmile. For any other questions, contact me at pieter@hwbot.org.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Massman For This Useful Post:
Gunslinger (08-08-2017), Noxinite (08-08-2017), Strong Island (08-09-2017), sunset1 (08-08-2017)