Go Back   HWBOT forum > >

League Discussions Discuss the current leagues


User Tag List

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 08-10-2016
rbuass rbuass is offline
HWBOT V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: BRAZIL
Posts: 1,001
Thanks: 6
Thanked 32 Times in 13 Posts
rbuass has disabled reputation
Default Question about general things

Hello Overclockers.

Some time ago, I decided to don't care about rankings, since the rules not follow the things I think is basic, and fair.
So we keep overclocking here in my country, and even we encourage people to join Hwbot, push scores and so on... but personally, I don't mind about rankings (what imho is different than "to brake records").
I even don't want you change the rules, because I am no more involved, since my opinion never was considered, so, is just a tip.

So, regardless all, I love Overclocking... I like the League, and respect you guys, even some don't like my way of view.

Then will leave my 2 cents, than you can think and discuss if you want.

CPU ES is the most unfair thing... even not allowed in competition, but allowed in Hwbot. So, how about Titan Pascal, that nobody can buy in any place (not talking in Brazil is impossible, but you cannot find in Amazon, Newegg, Big and Tiny stores), killing all scores made under effort by competitors?
What about to allow some part, after available for all?

The other things like "amazing 6320 XTU 742 points", the power of 100 points in 4 way, competition points, power to very old benchs, no power to 3D Games, DX12 and so on... are just a few things I disagree, but I can't change.

For the last, I am just posting, because regardless I have very few participation in the League, I have too many friends, that ALWAYS question "WHY", for the things like this.

You don't need to hate me, because I have posted... because you are part of this or think different, because I just give up and will not insist.

Best wishes for all, and sorry if my english is not good enough to clear my thinking.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rbuass For This Useful Post:
Casanova (08-10-2016)
  #2  
Unread 08-10-2016
der8auer's Avatar
der8auer der8auer is offline
HWBot Staff & Forums Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Berlin
Posts: 3,388
Thanks: 188
Thanked 546 Times in 173 Posts
der8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to der8auer
Default Re: Question about general things

So to sum up the points:

1. ES CPUs are unfair and should be banned
2. Ban Titan X Pascal because it's not available in Brazil
3. Lower points for useless results such as 742 XTU dual core and increase points for 3D


My opinion:
1. Latest gen ES are only allowed for Elite guys so it's fine to me
2. You can easily get the card here in Germany at Nvidia.de. However, I agree that it's absolute BS what Nvidia has been doing lately. Their sales and OC policy is absolute garbage
3. This will be changed with the upcoming revision 7
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to der8auer For This Useful Post:
dhenzjhen (08-11-2016), Gunslinger (08-10-2016), Splave (08-10-2016)
  #3  
Unread 08-10-2016
rbuass rbuass is offline
HWBOT V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: BRAZIL
Posts: 1,001
Thanks: 6
Thanked 32 Times in 13 Posts
rbuass has disabled reputation
Default Re: Question about general things

Quote:
Originally Posted by der8auer View Post
So to sum up the points:

1. ES CPUs are unfair and should be banned
2. Ban Titan X Pascal because it's not available in Brazil
3. Lower points for useless results such as 742 XTU dual core and increase points for 3D


My opinion:
1. Latest gen ES are only allowed for Elite guys so it's fine to me
2. You can easily get the card here in Germany at Nvidia.de. However, I agree that it's absolute BS what Nvidia has been doing lately. Their sales and OC policy is absolute garbage
3. This will be changed with the upcoming revision 7
I don't know why involves Brazil...nothing in the topic is about Brazil.
Pascal not available in Newegg, Amazon, Microcenter... and sure, in Brazil, and I never see to sell in any place.
If the Germany's people can find, is really a nice thing for the country... it proves they (NV.de) care to have the last for customers there.
Even in Nvidia event in Santa Clara, yesterday, Nvidia not talk about Titan Pascal...

About ES CPU and Elite, is Hwbot decision.
I only used that example, because is for me pretty similar case... is component "just for few".
Personally I don't know what kind of relationship under Elite and CPU ES... Why someone in Elite League have more acess to ES... I don't know about this

And for the last mate, this is not my points.
Regardless is my ponint of view, I bring some usual answers in our groups.
For me, it is all right.

Keep your great job for community Roman.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 08-10-2016
Splave's Avatar
Splave Splave is offline
Opera aficionado
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UR MOMS HOUSE
Posts: 3,570
Thanks: 382
Thanked 665 Times in 265 Posts
Splave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to all
Default Re: Question about general things

Quote:
Originally Posted by der8auer View Post
So to sum up the points:

1. ES CPUs are unfair and should be banned
2. Ban Titan X Pascal because it's not available in Brazil
3. Lower points for useless results such as 742 XTU dual core and increase points for 3D


My opinion:
1. Latest gen ES are only allowed for Elite guys so it's fine to me
2. You can easily get the card here in Germany at Nvidia.de. However, I agree that it's absolute BS what Nvidia has been doing lately. Their sales and OC policy is absolute garbage
3. This will be changed with the upcoming revision 7
/thread?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by oc_windforce View Post
you are pi-machine....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 08-10-2016
8 Pack 8 Pack is online now
robo cop
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 306
Thanks: 0
Thanked 38 Times in 11 Posts
8 Pack
Unhappy Re: Question about general things

TitanX is only available from nvidia world wide. No online store has it outside systems and only then within very high end offerings.

Just buy one from nvidia direct in your region. Ofcourse you can get if you pay full whack. But as u don't care about ranking etc why even start the thread in the first place. Surely ES and Titan X Pascal is only for rankings?? You can have fun. With any rag tag junk hardware.

Reading between the lines u mean u can't get these CPU or GPU for free so no one should be able to use them as u have to buy at full retail..

Full blown ret@rded thread.
__________________

Last edited by 8 Pack; 08-10-2016 at 21:06.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 08-10-2016
der8auer's Avatar
der8auer der8auer is offline
HWBot Staff & Forums Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Berlin
Posts: 3,388
Thanks: 188
Thanked 546 Times in 173 Posts
der8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to der8auer
Default Re: Question about general things

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbuass View Post
I don't know why involves Brazil...nothing in the topic is about Brazil.
Pascal not available in Newegg, Amazon, Microcenter... and sure, in Brazil, and I never see to sell in any place.
If the Germany's people can find, is really a nice thing for the country... it proves they (NV.de) care to have the last for customers there.
Even in Nvidia event in Santa Clara, yesterday, Nvidia not talk about Titan Pascal...

About ES CPU and Elite, is Hwbot decision.
I only used that example, because is for me pretty similar case... is component "just for few".
Personally I don't know what kind of relationship under Elite and CPU ES... Why someone in Elite League have more acess to ES... I don't know about this

And for the last mate, this is not my points.
Regardless is my ponint of view, I bring some usual answers in our groups.
For me, it is all right.

Keep your great job for community Roman.
maybe I misunderstood your sentence that it's impossible to get in Brazil - anway doesn't matter. In the end nvidia is just going full ret ard at the moment with their policy. Personally I wouldn't even be mad if we would ban the card from hwbot

At the moment it seems that ES is getting less and less. I really don't see much ES stuff floating around.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 08-12-2016
Strong Island's Avatar
Strong Island Strong Island is offline
transformer
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 814
Thanks: 297
Thanked 178 Times in 124 Posts
Strong Island
Default Re: Question about general things

Quote:
Originally Posted by der8auer View Post
maybe I misunderstood your sentence that it's impossible to get in Brazil - anway doesn't matter. In the end nvidia is just going full ret ard at the moment with their policy. Personally I wouldn't even be mad if we would ban the card from hwbot

At the moment it seems that ES is getting less and less. I really don't see much ES stuff floating around.

"You never go full re tard" haha.

Titan X is a little crazy.

it was crazy to see such awesome battles with fully pushed ln2 cards beaten so easily with stock/water cooling. I mean so much time and effort was put into a lot of those scores and they were so easily beaten.

I understand this is the oc world but there was something a little weird about it to me. It just didnt sit right.

Like when XA, Dancop and others were battling for gpupi with really nice pushed cards and then boom, beaten so easily. it was weird. Deflated my enthusiasm a bit. realizing such hard work can be beaten so effortlessly.


edit-

Wow that was the first time that's ever happened to me, I typed in re tard and it comes out as specialbunny.

Also a couple of your points are being addressed.

There is an oc esports comp right now for 3d games. Also the new revision is supposed to reduce effect of 742 and boost 3d points/sli points. So it sounds like someone is listening and trying.
__________________

Last edited by Strong Island; 08-12-2016 at 04:24.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strong Island For This Useful Post:
Casanova (08-12-2016)
  #8  
Unread 08-12-2016
K404's Avatar
K404 K404 is offline
nVidia FTW!
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: Glasgowvic, Scotistan. Average Kingdom of Un-United Britain..
Posts: 3,821
Thanks: 12
Thanked 131 Times in 75 Posts
K404
Default Re: Question about general things

But that's the point of the next-gen part Maybe it feels worse this time around because the last few series of cards have been incremental.

G80 spanked G71

G92 equalled or beat G92 with much lower costs

GT200 spanked G92

Fermi spanked GT200

I don't know so much about ATI/AMD.... HD2 was horrible, HD3 was much better, HD4 was great, AMD 5-series was glorious.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
i believe in K404! :P
https://twitter.com/K404ExtremeOC

I do not believe in 1st place by any means, at any cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by der8auer View Post
Knowing workarounds to get a benchmark to run is not a skill. It's a combination of knowledge and wasting time.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 08-12-2016
buildzoid's Avatar
buildzoid buildzoid is offline
robo cop
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 333
Thanks: 115
Thanked 49 Times in 31 Posts
buildzoid
Default Re: Question about general things

I don't see a problem.
The original TITAN crushed everything and needed E-power to not blow up then the 780Ti came and wrecked it. Same happened with TITAN X same will happen with TITAN XP. That's just how the GPU high scores work. WRs have always been a money black hole with TITAN XP the money black hole got 20% hungrier but other than that nothing changed. Once people figure out LN2 on the TITAN XP we will see fights between TITAN XPs instead of 1080s. I still don't see much of a difference.
__________________
Keep calm and raise Vcore


My Blog
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 08-12-2016
Casanova's Avatar
Casanova Casanova is offline
construction bot
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Brazil
Posts: 57
Thanks: 48
Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Casanova
Default Re: Question about general things

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildzoid View Post
I don't see a problem.
The original TITAN crushed everything and needed E-power to not blow up then the 780Ti came and wrecked it. Same happened with TITAN X same will happen with TITAN XP. That's just how the GPU high scores work. WRs have always been a money black hole with TITAN XP the money black hole got 20% hungrier but other than that nothing changed. Once people figure out LN2 on the TITAN XP we will see fights between TITAN XPs instead of 1080s. I still don't see much of a difference.
Considering that hwbot league is a competition and users are targeted between elite, extreme, apprentice, enthusiast, novice and rookie, sounds really unfair that extremely fierce competitions that set many WR can be taken down by h20 with small amount of overclock on gpu.
The solution: submissions made with very new hardware should not be given points for at least a month or two, simple because almost no overclocker can have access to it, and this kind of removes the "shine" of the competition.
The highly disputed world record was taken by someone that made no effort to have that amount of bench points.
Does it looks fair for someone here? I don't think so, unless you're a very selfish guy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[General] - Any question too big to remain unanswered but too small to start a new thread for ... PC400 HWBOT Development: bugs, features and suggestions 447 11-01-2016 11:09
In depth: Six things you should know about the Internet of Things hwbotrss Tech News RSS 0 04-05-2015 13:00
CES 2015: Belkin now has even more things for the Internet of Things hwbotrss Tech News RSS 0 01-06-2015 08:41
GIGABYTE Question Time on Facebook: Question 1 - Form Factors hwbotrss GIGABYTE Tech Daily 0 07-23-2013 16:01


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright HWBOT 2004 - 2015