Go Back   hwbot.org > News > HWBOT Frontpage News

HWBOT Frontpage News Official HWBOT articles and frontpage news

Digitimes: How G.SKILL memory leads DRAM overclocking and the fearless pursuit for performance (Interview with G.SKILL CEO Johnson Huang)

DigiTimes published an article about G.SKILL's efforts in overclocking and their activities at Computex 2014. They interview the CEO Johnson Huang too. Check it out!

Link to article: click.

Walking into Computex 2014 at Nangang Exhibition Hall 1F, a constant crowd of attendees surround an eye-catching stage, featuring a massive leader board and a half dozen five-foot tall liquid nitrogen tanks. White clouds of nitrogen billow across the stage, timers count down on the overhead TV screens, and the audience buzzes in anticipation and excitement. This is G.SKILL International Enterprise Co., Ltd. hosting two spectacular and awe-inspiring global overclocking events during Computex week - the 1st Annual OC World Cup and the 3rd Annual OC World Record Stage.

So why does G.SKILL devote so many resources into a small niche segment like extreme overclocking? This is a burning question in many people's minds.

Mr. Johnson Huang gave us an apt analogy: Formula One cars test the highest extreme limits of vehicle technology, and then the innovations are integrated into high performance cars like Ferrari and the McLaren. G.SKILL does the same, by testing the extreme limits of memory through overclocking, then integrating the innovations into high end systems and drive the high performance systems market segment to new heights.

Jul 2, 2014 - press release - digitimes.com
Old 07-02-2014, 11:53
HWBOT Staff

Send a message via Yahoo to Monstru

GSkill leads DRAM overclocking? Does Kingston know? =))
Old 07-02-2014, 12:05
Abhorrently evil braindead kind-hearted money-driven child-hating short-sighted hardware-sharing cheating
macho nacho supreme discriminating clueless idiot boy genius with sense of humor

Send a message via MSN to Massman

Haha.

In all fairness they still have 7/20 in the memory clock hall of fame, more than any other vendor.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:31

Send a message via ICQ to Sam OCX Send a message via MSN to Sam OCX Send a message via Skype™ to Sam OCX

too much marketing for my little brain
Old 07-02-2014, 22:16
grunt bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massman View Post
Haha.

In all fairness they still have 7/20 in the memory clock hall of fame, more than any other vendor.
Yeah From 9th up
Old 07-02-2014, 22:49
transformer

Send a message via MSN to Gunslinger

meh, its just an arbitrary number for the marketing people, zero benchmark performance gains to be had with any of that DRAM
Old 07-06-2014, 13:57
robo cop

Show me Highend Kingston PSC, BBSE, GTR retails for example - validation is promo, it states nothing about real bench world . Kingston retails are sub par bench mems, and they do not only end up second to Gskill ^^
Old 07-06-2014, 19:22
HWBOT Staff

What retail GSkill bench mems? Where can I buy those?
Old 07-06-2014, 19:33
robo cop

In germany, you can still get some 2400c9 Trident X for example - worst out of around a dozen Kits I had, my 2666c10 and 2600 c10 did better

Not available anymore, but retail at their time - PSC

retail BBSE

There were lots of opportunities
Old 07-08-2014, 09:40
robo cop

kingston memories for benching?that must be a joke.I'd put up gskill and corsair fighting for top spot with different ic's,for example corsair ruled elpida hyper,gskill ruled psc and bbse,corsair ruled samsung,etc...
The fun fact is that regarding on benching for efficiency you are much better buying other brands like teamgroup or adata,kingston is junk with capital letters.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:04
HWBOT Staff

Whoever "leads" anything now cannot be compared to the way Crucial used to rule D9 or Corsair used to rule BH-5 - mass market availability, not 50 kits sold around the world or sent to seeded oc'ers.

Bottom line - less PR bull, more retail products. Don't give them fuel or it goes to their heads and then we see stuff like this coming out. How the heck can you lead a market when you don't even have distributors in half of the areas Kingston or A-Data do...lol...talk about "global market"...

Let them roll our real products anybody can buy in large quantities, not golden samples sent to seeded oc'ers and sub-par retail kits for masses. And I know what I am talking about because I am one of those guys who can get those golden samples. And I still find this wrong...