|Overclocking and tweaking What's that smell?|
Ati 4850 Powercolor Does it need flashing or flash MOBO??
I don't want to be a crashing bore so ill get to the point-
I have a 4850 ATI Power color Card for 1 year with no problems but very recently problems have developed.
The Display Driver Crashes as soon as Catalyst software is pushed up to 1200MHz/700MHz complete system failure blue screen and then auto restart.
System Only runs now at Default stock 950MHz/625MHz
PSU is CIT 700w here is a link to is http://www.scan.co.uk/products/750w-...dual-12v-rails
Possible points i have heard about?
* Is Power supply Amp powerful enough (if so how was it able to run for so long with no problems?
* Failure PCI-E Port Mother board is Less then 4 moths old Here is the Board http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=2960#ov
* Driver Failure
* Random Ram errors causing cascade effect through system 1 yr old Ram.
* Corruption from Microsoft Update errors
What i have done so far
* Ran the system with individual Ram cards in to see if i can isolate the BSOD problem
* complete reneawal of 4870ati card + mobo
* 6x Reinstaled OS 64Bit
* 2x Ubuntu 64Bit
* Complete removal of hardware cleaned and electrostaticaly discharged
* 3dr party software to find drivers or delet damaged drivers
* arfter system faluiare o/s needed to be started in low rez mode just to be able to restart the system to uninstall catlyest to then start all over again.
* I have installed from version 8 to latest version driver software.
* there has been no change to the symptoms it has stayed constant throught.
Should i do this?
* Flash the bois
* Flash the mobo
CPU Intel Quad Processor Q6600 8M Cache, 2.40 GHz, 1066 M
Motherboard GA-P43-ES3G intel® P43 + ICH10 Chipset
Power Supply700w IT Black Edition CIT750UB 750W 120" Fan
CPU cooling Thermalright Ultra 2 X 120" Fan Extreme Push/Pull
Graphics Card PowerColor PCS HD4850 1GB HDMI
GPU cooling PowerColor Stock
OS 64Bit Vista Ultimate Monitor
Sound Card from Mobo
Hard Drive x 2
30" + 19"
If you need any more info just ask... This is a reall puzzle for me any help would be greatly apreshated.
(Sorry for my spelling im not very good at wrighting stuff down)