Go Back   HWBOT forum > >

Extreme overclocking Refill your dewar here.

User Tag List

Old 02-21-2015
robot overlord

SF3D is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nothing lasts forever - OC weekend in Intel Sweden

Hi all!

It is long long time since I last wrote something over here or anywhere else.
Nothing lasts forever they say..

Few weeks ago I was invited to Intel Sweden to have some hardware to play with and relax with friends and do some scores at the same time.
Fun it was and hardware was good but time was our worst enemy.
We got the setup running well 1 hour before my flight home and I was not able to extend my stay.
There is no excuses..I was not able to push the setup as I wanted but we got at least some sort of result out and we had that small glimpse of fun that we used to have years a go.

We got a nice pile of nice hardware!

Then I tested each card separately on air and selected 5 best cards to be tested on LN2. All cards were easy to run 2050MHz+ separately. Insulation had to be good but removable and no vaseline or grease allowed. All cards went back to ASUS after event.

Drinks and food were perfect!

Then it was time to do some 4-way. Setup is very easy to handle with EK-SF3D 4 way table and fat EK-SF3D Critical point GPU pots.

So only real run we got through before I had to pack my stuff and leave was this:

It is not very satisfying result but who cares in the end. These scores and threads are forgot in few days and that is just the way it is.

This thread will be also my last for a long time if not forever.
There is just no more point to loose all the time in life to push scores which will please us overclockers. I feel very pleased and happy when I remember all the events and fun nights with my friends. Life just goes on and after these 12 years of overclocking I have nothing else to achieve. I got all I ever dreamed and even more.

We are really small community and we have been able to do amazing stuff in past years. Keep it that way.. all the stupid fights and rumours etc. are just not worth it. No one will be able to change how oc scene evolves and the changes in past 4 years have made it boring and stupid. That is my opinion and you don't need to mind about it if you disagree.

I thank all my cooperators and sponsors who made all this possible.
I thank specially Shamino who took me in to Foxconn OC project and Marcus Hultin - Kinc for taking care of me since 2007. Sami "macci" Mkinen was the key for AMD stuff, thank you my friend!
Thomas Melzer from intel have been the key thing all these years, so big thanks to you too! Niko Tivadar from EK made the high quality pots possible, so thank you as well!
There are many many other guys but can not thank all separately.

Thanks to HWbot for great site and thanks for letting me be part of it so many years in crew (Pieter and Frederik).
Thanks to all of my friends all around the world. It is amazing to see how good people there are no matter where you are from.

I wish all the best to you all and have fun in life. Keep pushing it like Oliver would say!

Bye!
Old 02-21-2015
HWBot Staff & Forums Administrator

der8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond reputeder8auer has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to der8auer

Hey Petri!

Damn that's a pity :/

I'm happy that I met you and always had a great time and a lot of fun with you. Just remembering Cebit few years ago, AOOC and all that

I wish you all the best and hope we'll meet again at some point
Old 02-21-2015
robo cop

Andreat85

Hi Petri, thanks for all your work and I wish you all the best and hope you can play with OC in the future.

Bye King... Andrix85 XtremeHardwareOC-TEAM
Old 02-21-2015
transformer

saint19

Hi man.

I wish you all the best in future, i had not he future to meet you but you seems a very good guy and gentle person. I hope that we can see you again in the scene in few years...as you said, maybe you miss us in future.

www.overclocking-tv.com

Last edited by saint19; 04-23-2015 at 20:29.
Old 02-21-2015
nVidia FTW!

Location: Glasgowvic, Scotistan. Great Kingdom of United Britain..
K404

If there might never be another chance Petri, then I would like to say it was brilliant to meet, OC and drink with you in Madrid Life takes us all in separate directions and I wish you every happiness and success
https://twitter.com/K404ExtremeOC

I do not believe in 1st place by any means, at any cost.
Old 02-21-2015
ret(ard)ired OCer

Trouffman

Petri, I'm sad to see you officially retiring, you've been around since forever and i remenber that 10-12 years ago it was a complete different vibe and story. Meeting you on the few events and competitions (moa, cebit, computex etc) was great and i will always remenber some of the good time we all had at theses after-event parties.
I wish you the best in life, success in your future project and maybe (hope ) will see you again in the future !

Take care and.. Keep pushing it !
Old 02-21-2015
transformer

Lucky_n00b is on a distinguished road

It's a pity to see you retire Petri
You're one of those legends that I admire long time ago for what you can achieve with your hardware, especially with your liquid helium AMD runs back in the day.

I wish you the best for whatever next projects you are doing in the future, and keep pushing it!
Old 02-21-2015
kitchen robot

9700_Pro

Ei paha! Jatkahan samaan malliin ja postaile vlill muroonkin! Samalla nikill itse siell pyrin

(text in Finnish)
Old 02-21-2015
grunt bot

Perica_barii

Great OC career behind you...Respect for all the efforts and scores, and thing you done for OC community. I will miss you for sure, but hope that we will keep our friendship and that you will have success in other things in live as well.
Old 02-21-2015
Opera aficionado

Splave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to allSplave is a name known to all

Don't be a stranger petri