Go Back   hwbot.org > HWBOT > HWBOT Development: bugs, features and suggestions > HWBOT Rev.5

HWBOT Rev.5 Subforum for HWBOT R5 discussion

Old 11-29-2012, 11:26
Abhorrently evil braindead kind-hearted money-driven child-hating short-sighted hardware-sharing cheating
macho nacho supreme discriminating clueless idiot boy genius with sense of humor

Send a message via MSN to Massman
Default R5: UGP/GTPP fix for exotic categories

Quote:
As expected, the min_points=60 rule for UGP categories has made it possible to dominate rankings by simply running very obscure hardware.

http://hwbot.org/league/enthusiast

Dead Things is now #1 of the Enthusiast League mainly by hitting the #1 spots in multithreaded benchmarks with his stock clocked single, dual and quad 10-core cpus. That brings 60p x 3 (config) x 3 (benchmarks) for just having the hardware. In these categories, there's almost no competition.

I think we should have implemented the variable min_points from the start. This is suggested by a member and seems good.

- 10pts for a global with 10 or less submissions
- 20pts for 10-20 subs
- 30pts for 20-30 subs
- 40pts for 30-40
- 50pts for 40-50
- 60pts for 51+
The exact point scheme isn't fixed yet, but the scheme Borandi (again!) suggested seems pretty good. Currently the scheme is

1 - 60
2 - 45
3 - 33.6
4 - 26.2
5 - 22.4
6 - 21.7
7 - 21.1
8 - 20.5
9 - 19.3

If we follow the community suggestion from Borandi, if there are 9 participants in a ranking, the scheme would be:

1 - 10
2 - 7.5
3 - 5.6
4 - 4.4
5 - 3.7
6 - ...

Any comments?
Old 11-29-2012, 12:09
nVidia FTW!

Location: Glasgowvic, Scotistan. Great Kingdom of United Britain..

Sounds......alright? What are the requirements for >60 points for #1? Most of the 2x/3x/4x 3D leaderboards have 60 points for gold and there are hundreds of submissions..... thousands? 60 points for gold for 50 submissions or 500, it's a big zone for 60 points to cover
https://twitter.com/K404ExtremeOC

I have no world records, but I have some GOLD MEDALS.

Titan has nothing to offer that is worth the price.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:57
robo cop

Send a message via Skype™ to sumonpathak

Sounds ok to me...just because someone has access to exotics shouldn't be a criteria to get more points...afterall...there are no effort involved in those rankings...
no offense intended...

Delu-ception.

i cant overclock
Old 11-30-2012, 23:00
1guy4000cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by K404 View Post
Sounds......alright? What are the requirements for >60 points for #1? Most of the 2x/3x/4x 3D leaderboards have 60 points for gold and there are hundreds of submissions..... thousands? 60 points for gold for 50 submissions or 500, it's a big zone for 60 points to cover
This COULD be because an additional "feature" got implemented - the engine doesn't count subs that are more than one year old. That's why singlecore wprime rankings, with an insane number of subs, get alot less than you'd think.

Get rid of this, pleeeeeeeeeease If it's there, maybe I'm just dreaming it doesn't really do any good at all, as time has got nothing to do with the quality of a result. A sempron 140 result from two years ago is just as good as a sempron 140 result obtained today, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno.lcn
I was just searching for some good dick cloning software, guess I was doing it wrong, got all kinds of results I wasn't expecting
Old 11-30-2012, 23:06
1guy4000cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumonpathak View Post
Sounds ok to me...just because someone has access to exotics shouldn't be a criteria to get more points...afterall...there are no effort involved in those rankings...
no offense intended...
This is not entirely true, unless the ranking is REALLY exotic (as in top spot ran at stock). You see the same thing in the popular rankings, although not near the top spots. Buy random highend HW, run full pot, and *bam* you get a bunch of points. Not exactly a similarity between points and skill there either usually top spots with more than a handful subs are hard to get, as people will still fight for the gold cups. Probably really easy to get top 5, but grabbing gold cups isn't as easy as you think just because there are less submissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno.lcn
I was just searching for some good dick cloning software, guess I was doing it wrong, got all kinds of results I wasn't expecting
Old 12-01-2012, 19:09
robo cop

^well..am not too well versed with sub zero...so couldn't comment there...but some of the submissions really sticks out like anything....
at times am just like..wtf? no tweaks..nothing..they just ran it and bam? 60 freaking points?

Delu-ception.

i cant overclock
Old 12-01-2012, 19:35
transformer

Send a message via Skype™ to dhenzjhen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumonpathak View Post
^well..am not too well versed with sub zero...so couldn't comment there...but some of the submissions really sticks out like anything....
at times am just like..wtf? no tweaks..nothing..they just ran it and bam? 60 freaking points?

the problem is that i have access to those stock hardwares and u don't
Old 12-01-2012, 19:55
robo cop

expected u there....
see...i wouldn't mind u guys getting bucket loads of points..just make sure that the guys submitting pretty obscure hardware's gets the same amount of points too...after all....they have "access" to those hardware's..and we dont :P

Delu-ception.

i cant overclock
Old 12-02-2012, 17:03
transformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knopflerbruce View Post
Get rid of this, pleeeeeeeeeease If it's there, maybe I'm just dreaming it doesn't really do any good at all, as time has got nothing to do with the quality of a result. A sempron 140 result from two years ago is just as good as a sempron 140 result obtained today, for example.
I agree with this. Heavily.
Old 12-04-2012, 22:36
robo cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by knopflerbruce View Post
This COULD be because an additional "feature" got implemented - the engine doesn't count subs that are more than one year old. That's why singlecore wprime rankings, with an insane number of subs, get alot less than you'd think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobnova View Post
I agree with this. Heavily.
QFT. I think if you're going to implement a feature like this, 12 months is too short - especially when the best hardware could still be the old stuff. Especially on single core wP et al.

We all know the basis behind this change was to drive people towards benching the stuff that interests the majority, but there's still just as much enthusiasm going for some of the old tough stuff as the newer stuff.

If there is a benchmark, we will run it. So to speak.

Quote:
"who cares about Christian Ney, this is overclocking" - John Lam
ReviewBros