Go Back   hwbot.org > News > HWBOT Frontpage News

HWBOT Frontpage News Official HWBOT articles and frontpage news

Schenckel Powered Zombified GTX Titan Helps Rbuass Bring 1x GPU Vantage Record To Brazil

It's quite clear now: the reference PCB of the Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan is just not strong enough to push the Titan core to the maximum of its capabilities. It's a shame and some would even say a disgrace that Nvidia dares to release such a powerful GPU soldered on something so weak. In addition, disallowing any manufacturer to build their own custom version of the card makes it damn near impossible to get the most out of this USD $1000 graphics card. Yes, that's right: no Lightning, no Matrix, no Classified.

We've already seen the engineering wonders of the K|ngp|n/TiN team as well as AndreYang/Shamino. Today, our attention goes to the team from Brazil, formed by Rbuass and Schenckel Bros. With their own version of the GTX Titan zombie, they managed to take home the single GPU 3DMark Vantage record, outscoring K|ngp|n by 360 points. For that, the team from Brazil uses a Core i7 3960X clocked at 5.6GHz and a GTX Titan at 1750/1820 MHz. Nice work!

Mar 17, 2013 - article - hwbot.org
Old 03-17-2013, 05:49
kitchen robot

Nvidia needs to get over themselves with this locking cards down bunnyextraction and realize that the enthusiast community is what drives the innovation for their cards. Locking them down completely stunts the overclocking results, and puts their name along with other companies which purposefully limit the consumers. I am definitely and ATI fan after this past year of Nvidia products.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:26
construction bot

I'm pretty sure that Nvidia allowed custom versions a few days ago. But it could be just custom coolers...
Old 03-18-2013, 04:00
Abhorrently evil braindead kind-hearted money-driven child-hating short-sighted hardware-sharing cheating
macho nacho supreme discriminating clueless idiot boy genius with sense of humor

Send a message via MSN to Massman

Just coolers, I think. As far as I'm told, no vendor is allowed to put the Titan GPU on a custom PCB. Which is a pity, since the reference design is pretty bad.

Custom PCB is apparently for the next card (GTX 780).